Eagle Star Housing currently provides 60-90 days of transitional housing for up to 31 Veterans at its homes in Pembroke and Spencerport, NY, and provides up to 180 days of transitional housing for up to 20 Veterans at its Safe Haven program in Farmington, NY.
At every house Veterans are provided:
* A bedroom, a bed (sheets and linens provided), a dresser, a nightstand, a lamp, and a closet that locks for personal items
* A freshly prepared and nutritious dinner provided daily
* Healthy food options provided for independently prepared snacks, breakfast and lunch
* Medication storage and oversight
* Training in certain life skills, budgeting, relapse prevention, and hygiene
* Assistance in housing and employment searches
* Transportation to medical, mental health, and substance abuse treatment as needed.
* Collaboration with the Department of Veterans Affairs and other community organizations to locate stable and affordable long-term housing options
Upon arrival to every Eagle Star Housing location Veterans will meet with staff to complete an intake and an individualized service plan will be developed. If Veterans have an urgent need for clothing or personal hygiene items, a plan will be made to ensure they are provided.
Eagle Star Housing is excited to offer supportive services for Veterans in affordable living environments. Services to be provided include: Individual and group meetings, support obtaining employment or further job training, linkage to community supports, groups on life skills, budgeting, etc. Transportation will be provided as needed. Regular activities, including game and movie nights, will be organized by Eagle Star Housing staff.